One of the topics that comes up from time to time at Mobile Edge in Lehighton is the subject of free installation. We will be talking to a client and they might make a comment like, “Do you guys offer free installation?”
It is a very good question, but the simple answer is no, we don’t offer free installation. Here’s why we don’t offer it, and why it is a bad idea.
Modern Vehicles Are Complex
Modern vehicles use very complex electrical systems that network all of the electronics in the vehicle to allow communication between all of the components and the vehicle computer. Such a system is called a CAN-BUS network, for Controller Area Network. The whole concept behind vehicle networks is to create a standard protocol for electronics in a vehicle to communicate with each other.
The good news is that this allows your vehicle to have many of the modern advancements that you like so much, plus it allows the computer to store any problems that come along for a technician to solve problems faster.
The bad news is that an inexperienced person can wreak havoc on this network and, in the worst cases, can shut the whole thing down or cause multiple items in the vehicle to fail. What does that mean to you? Well, what started out as a “free install” can cost thousands of dollars in repair bills.
Choose The Best
Let’s use an analogy here. You find out that you need shoulder surgery. Do you start asking around and searching the Internet for someone who charges the lowest price, or do you look for the person who is known to be the best, the person with the best reputation? We all know the answer to this question. Well, your vehicle is probably the second-biggest investment you will make after your home, and you count on it to take you to and from work, school and anywhere else your heart desires. When you go out to the vehicle and ask it to start, you expect it to run and be reliable.
Do you really want to take a chance by letting work on your vehicle someone who offers free installation? How good can they be at their trade if the company is offering their services to you for free? Do you think the company regularly invests in training these employees to improve their skillsets if they provide a free service? Of course not.
Here are several reasons to choose Mobile Edge for your installation work.
- Mobile Edge employs MECP-Certified installers. What is MECP? It is the industry standard for certification in the mobile electronics industry. Click HERE to read an informative article.
- Our team has over 40 years of combined experience in the mobile electronics field, so you can rest assured that a highly skilled technician is working on your vehicle when you come to our shop.
- The Mobile Edge installation facility is state of the art, with thousands of dollars invested in diagnostic equipment and fabrication equipment so we can do the job right the first time.
- Our company is the most-awarded mobile electronics retailer in Pennsylvania, having been named one of the best in the nation by Mobile Electronics magazine seven different times.
- When your installation is performed by us, you get a lifetime warranty on the labor.
When you are ready to upgrade your vehicle, we invite you to stop by Mobile Edge in Lehighton, PA, and meet our team. One of our staff will work one on one with you to find the best solution for your unique needs. Then we will back it up with a skilled installation designed to give you years of reliable use. The installation might not be free – but it will be done well and done right, and that can be invaluable.
You also can contact us about any of our products and services by clicking HERE. We look forward to meeting you.